There are numbers of tips that are generally shared by dermatologists with Vitiligo patients
Use proper sun protection for your skin:
Sun protection can be benefited by everyone who is suffering from Vitiligo disease. Here’s why:
• The skin can be sunburned easily especially it has lost its color.
• Vitiligo can gets worsen especially with bad sunburn.
• Avoiding tan, for Vitiligo patients with fair skin, usually makes this disease barely noticeable.
• If you choose removing remaining color because of Vitiligo disease, you get higher chances of getting spots on your skin because of sunburn. Then depigmentation will be required once again to get rid of these spots.
Mostly dermatologists recommend following in order to protect your skin from sun:
1. Use Sunscreen
2. Give special attention to apply sunscreen on daily basis
3. Special focus on re-applying sunscreen while moving outdoors
4. Avoid wearing dresses that attract sun and always wear sun-protecting clothing
5. Always seek shades
6. Tanning beds as well as sun lamps should be avoided
7. Tattooing should also be avoided
8. Stay in-touch with people suffering from Vitiligo disease
Food to Avoid:
Bleaching should be done with hydroquinone on the remaining pigmented patches of your skin only if you feel pigment loss is severe and widespread, prescribed in the Merck Manual Online Medical Library. In some cases, the light skin patches may get worsen in people with Vitiligo especially if they consume food with hydroquinone included, such as coffee, wheat, pears and blueberries.
One thing is really important to understand that the scientific data is still lacking to give any simple nutritional answer to Vitiligo disease. But as you know Vitiligo is recognized as an autoimmune type disease in medical science, therefore, eating healthy diet could be the best choice. Always select diet that promotes healthy skin by supplying a good amount of required nutrients in the pigmentation process. Consulting with a specialist health care professional to know best natural therapies or nutritional diet plans is always better for your condition.